Romantic Getaway in Illinois
January 6th, 2020 – Heartland Lodge was named one of the 15 Most Romantic Places in Illinois! We will be offering our February Romantic Getaway Packages again this year. Check out our February Romance Packages>>
If you are a romantic at heart or someone wanting to plan a romantic getaway or vacation for your special someone, and are asking yourself “Where to get away for a romantic getaway?” look no further than Harpole’s Heartland Lodge. The Mississippi River bluffs in West Central Illinois provide the perfect natural backdrop and scenic view for the romantic setting that you are looking for. Whether you are planning a romantic vacation, proposal, honeymoon, a wedding or vow renewal, anniversary, or just a romantic weekend, let Heartland be your first choice for your romantic destination.
Create that spark in your relationship with our Ultimate Romantic Getaway. This package includes two nights in the suite of your choice and a basket including souvenir wine glasses, fruit and cheese. All of your meals are included, made from scratch and delicious just like Grandma’s. You will also enjoy our signature romantic horse ride that stops in a meadow with linen covered table and picnic basket! (Actual baskets not included.)
Click Here for Rate>>
January & February – One of the most romantic times to be at Heartland Lodge is during the winter. Many of our suites have a fireplace, Jacuzzi, and an ultra comfy king-size bed! We offer the same Ultimate Romantic Getaway package as above without the romantic horse ride. February is the official “Romantic Month” at Heartland!
Click Here for Rate>>
What could be more romantic than snuggling up into a triple-sheeted,king-size canopy bed while listening to the crackle of the fireplace? Relaxing in your own private Jacuzzi with a bottle of your favorite wine from one of our local vineyards? Couples looking for the ultimate in luxury, comfort and privacy for their romantic getaway look no further than the accommodations at Heartland Lodge. The Whitetail Suite in the Original Lodge, the Luxury Suites in Prairie Ridge Lodge and The Grand Suite, All About The View and Sunset View Suites in Sunset Valley Lodge are the most popular room selections for couples. You can also enjoy a private cabin at the very romantic Heavenly View or Luxury Romantic Cabin.
Our Whitetail Suite features our famous triple-sheeted, king-size canopy bed, fireplace, private bath with Jacuzzi, and a private entrance to our expansive walkout porch with a porch swing and rocking chairs. Our seven Luxury Suites, in addition to the king-size canopy bed, fireplace, and private bath with Jacuzzi also feature a daybed, overstuffed chairs, private access to the wrap-around deck with Adirondack chairs and a mini-fridge to chill your favorite beverages. All the suites at Sunset Valley Lodge have an amazing view of the sunset!
All of our rooms feature high-quality linens, natural hardwood floors throughout, and nature-inspired decor, each room with a different wildlife theme as well as the ultimate romantic getaway luxury – peace and privacy!
Can you imagine a romantic getaway without some incredible meals? The amazing made-from-scratch meals at Heartland can be included in your getaway by adding the meal package of dinner and brunch to your room reservation. The tantalizing aromas of each meal will waft through the Great Room from the adjacent kitchen as you enjoy the decor and fireplace while waiting for the dinner bell to ring. If you are unable to make an evening meal because of a late arrival, a meal plan discount can be offered to accommodate those of you traveling.
Heartland Lodge is the ultimate romantic place to bring out the romantic in you and your special someone. Feel free to snuggle up in your room for the day while enjoying the crackle of the fireplace. Relax in the Jacuzzi tub in your private bath. Enjoy the view of the wooded surroundings from the expansive porch or wrap-around deck while settling back in one of our Amish-crafted chairs. Listen to the chirping of the goldfinches while enjoying the amazing view of the sunrise. In the evening, enjoy snuggling up with your partner on the scenic sunset hayride and at the bonfire while indulging in the old-fashioned sticky goodness of homemade s’mores.
Consider including some outdoor activities in your romantic getaway.Couples activities in the outdoors will allow you and your special someone to connect with Mother Nature while connecting with each other. We offer horseback rides along miles of trails – be sure and ask about our Romantic Ride for Two (weather permitting). This special ride includes a two-hour guided ride through some of our most breathtaking scenery along with a picnic for two.
Consider an ATV date while on your getaway. Heartland offers ATV trails suitable for all levels of riders – from novice to experienced. Or consider scheduling a round of sporting clays – 15 stations, located on 15 acres surrounding the lodge and all in natural settings. What could be more romantic than helping your partner pull the trigger on a gun or riding the trails on an ATV?
As guests of Heartland Lodge, you will find many local attractions to enjoy in the bustling little communities in Pike, Calhoun and Adams counties. Each season brings with it different couples-friendly activities and events, all while showcasing the local culture.
Winter can be a VERY romantic time of year. Just picture the lights of the lodge reflecting on the shimmer of a freshly fallen snow right outside your suite. Take a brisk walk and hear the snow crunch under your feet, warm up in your private Jacuzzi tub or snuggle up with your loved one in front of a roaring fireplace. February is the official “Romantic Month” at Heartland!
Spring is the season of renewal and rebirth and when spring is in the air, romance is in the air. Enjoy a hike through the 700 acres of the lodge and witness nature – trees filling out, flowers blooming, and mushrooms sprouting up.
Summer is your chance to live out your very own Jack ‘n Diane Americana love story – complete with small town parades, tractor pulls, and kettle corn. A Civil War Reenactment, the Vin Fiz Festival and the Pike County Pig Days are just a few of the summer activities you will find in the local area (www.greatriverroad.com/quincy/).
Autumn days bring cooler temperatures and gorgeous fall colors. Enjoy the days of fall while driving the countryside surrounding the Lodge and you will see why fall is one of the favorite times of the year here. Enjoy the annual Pike County Fall Color Drive (https://www.pikecolordrive.com/) and celebrate the harvest of apples, corn and pumpkins while enjoying the fall foliage.
Any time of year is a great time to visit the local Illinois wineries and there are several in the communities surrounding the lodge. Enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting and then bring back a bottle of your favorite Illinois wine to partake of while relaxing in the natural setting of the lodge. Or if antiquing is more your thing, spend the day searching the nearby antique stores for a special treasure to remember your romantic getaway by.
1) Engagements – If a wedding proposal is in your future, consider proposing to that special someone at Heartland Lodge. A romantic engagement can occur on the sunset hayride, in front of the roaring bonfire, snuggled up in your Luxury Suite or even on the Romantic Horseback Ride for Two.
2) Weddings – Are you and your fiance looking for a romantic wedding location? Look no further than Heartland Lodge! The Lodge has several wedding sites to choose from along with a banquet room that can be used for your reception. If a small, intimate wedding is your idea of a romantic wedding, a wedding in front of a roaring fireplace would be a great choice. Or if you are planning a larger wedding to include all your family and friends, consider a wedding on the lawn of Prairie Ridge Lodge. The possibilities are endless at Heartland for your destination wedding!
3) Honeymoons – Let Heartland Lodge be the destination for your romantic honeymoon! From the triple-sheeted, king-size canopy bed to the tantalizing meals to the Jacuzzi tubs, the Lodge is a great honeymoon idea! Whether you book a small honeymoon of only one or two nights to a longer honeymoon of several nights, you cannot go wrong with Heartland Lodge. Be sure to check out our Honeymoon vacation page.
4) Anniversaries – What better anniversary gift can you give your spouse than a romantic getaway at Heartland Lodge? Celebrate your wedding anniversary by relaxing and reconnecting with the one you married. A Luxury Suite provides the privacy that many couples love – all while enjoying the mouth-watering meals and beautiful scenery of the lodge.
5) Romantic Horseback Ride and Picnic for Two – With a little advance planning, a romantic horseback ride and picnic for two can be on your list of couples activities. This two-hour ride will lead you through some of the most picturesque landscape. Upon arrival at your destination, you will find a linen tablecloth with flowers and your lunch in a wicker basket complete with fruit, sandwiches and sparkling grape juice with wine glasses. Enjoy this quiet moment by toasting the one you love.
6) Sunset Hayride and Roaring Bonfire – Each evening after dinner, you and your special someone can enjoy a scenic hayride along the breathtaking bluffs of the Mississippi River valley. This ride will lead you to a beautiful sunset complete with the chance to view the many forms of wildlife that call the land surrounding Heartland Lodge home. Upon your return to the lodge, a roaring bonfire, complete with the makings for s’mores, will be yours to enjoy.
7) Triple-Sheeted Beds – Nothing says romance more than curling up in a triple-sheeted bed at the end of a day spent with your one and only. After a relaxing soak in the Jacuzzi tub, the king-size canopy bed available in each suite will be awaiting your arrival. The triple-sheeted beds with feather pillows are so plush and comfortable that they have become an attraction all their own.
8) Seasons at the Lodge – No matter what type of romantic you are, there will be a season just right for the two of you at the lodge. Winter brings thoughts of you and your special someone snuggled up and relaxing in front of a crackling fire. Spring is the perfect time to consider a destination wedding or wedding vow renewal. Blackberry season kicks into gear during the summer months and fall is highlighted by the crisp autumn air and cooler nights – perfect for more snuggling!
9) Romantic Holidays – If you are a couple that enjoys romantic holidays, the lodge offers specials for New Year’s Eve and for Valentine’s Day – two of the most romantic holidays throughout the year. Ring in the New Year by toasting your loved one in front of a roaring fire. Profess your love on Valentine’s Day by celebrating with dinner and a night at Heartland Lodge.
Young or old, married or engaged, explore and embrace the romantic in you at Heartland Lodge. From romantic holidays to romantic seasons, from quiet activities to getting down and dirty, you and your special someone will love what the lodge has to offer. Stroll hand in hand along the rose-lined pathway between the two lodges and let Heartland Lodge put the ‘heart’ in YOUR romantic getaway.