Premier Whitetail Outfitter In Pike County Illinois
September 27, 2018 – Pike County Illinois Outfitter Report – Opening day is just a few short days away. We have been scouting several really nice whitetails over the summer. With recent rains our food plots are looking lush and the deer are browsing heavily on the fresh greens as the rest of the woods begins to dry. The forecast for fall deer hunting looks like its going to be another awesome deer hunting season!
There are many whitetail outfitters in Illinois to choose from. Making the right choice is not always an easy one. Every year there are new Pike County, Illinois outfitters popping up and old ones trying new “tricks” to get your business. There are many reasons why Harpole’s Heartland Lodge is known as the premier Illinois whitetail outfitter.
- PIKE COUNTY – We’re located in famed Pike County, Illinois- Historically one of the highest producing counties for trophy whitetails. You can’t harvest big bucks if there not there!
- LOW PRESSURE – Low pressure farms and small camps produce quality, personable hunts.
- QUALITY DEER MANAGEMENT – Long-term deer herd management for growing mature whitetails. We have a 140″ minimum on all of our farms.
- YEAR-ROUND SCOUTING – Year-round deer scouting and trail camera monitoring. As soon as the season ends in January we begin preparing for the next one. Controlled burns for improved quality habitat and herd health, shed hunting to dial in our treestand locations and to see what bucks are going to be at the top of our hit list for the upcoming season. Throughout the summer we spend hours glassing and setting up trail cameras, clearing shooting lanes and maintaining our clover food plots. As fall nears, we make our finishing touches on our treestand locations, plant fall food plots and get dialed in our hit-lister bucks.
- 5 STAR LODGING & MEALS – Once you get done hunting, enjoy our amazing home-style cooked meals, luxurious lodging and accommodations. All of which is included in your whitetail hunt package.
- FULL TIME WHITAILL GUIDES – Year-round whitetail guides and supporting staff. Most outfitters are only part time operations. At Heartland Lodge, we are a full-time whitetail outfitter that starts preparing for our next hunt the day after deer season ends.
- 100% HONEST – Every deer that is on our website is taken off of our properties. Many outfitters put their family members and friends trying to beef up there trophy pictures.
- 23+ YEARS – Many outfitters come and go, Heartland Lodge has been a whitetail outfitter in Pike County IL for over 23+ years!
Heartland Lodge is a western Illinois outfitter located in Pike County, with a dedicated full-time whitetail manager, full-time assistant whitetail manager, supporting staff and guides. Our outfitter staff is working on your hunt not only while you are here, but year-round to ensure that you have the most successful hunt possible. The outfitting staff begins in winter scouting the bucks that survived the fall hunting season and looking for new tree stand locations. Late winter and early spring is spent walking the woods looking for whitetail sheds, over-seeding our clover food plots and continuous scouting. Early spring is spent planting new food plots. Summer is spent maintaining food plots, glassing & video taping deer that come into the fields, and checking trail cam photos. Late summer is spent planting our brascca food plots and new clover plots. When fall arrives, all the work has been done and all that is left is to hang the stands. In contrast, many outfitters don’t start preparing for your hunt until the week before you arrive. You won’t find a more diehard whitetail outfitter in Illinois than Heartland Lodge and our whitetail crew.
If you are looking for a bow hunting outfitter, then Heartland Lodge is the right deer hunting outfitter for you. Archery hunting is a passion shared by our entire whitetail staff. We shoot our bows all year and look forward to spending time in the woods with the archery hunters that hunt with us each year.
Not only is Heartland Lodge a serious archery outfitter, but the entire state of Illinois is designed for bow hunting. Illinois has a short three-day gun season during the rut and a later gun season after the rut. These short gun seasons give whitetails in Illinois the opportunity to mature and develop into monster bucks!
Heartland Lodge has chosen to stay a “small” focused whitetail outfitter so that we can get to know and take care of each hunter that stays with us like friends and family. Your hunt is a large investment and we want to make sure that when you leave, you feel like we have given you 100%. It’s our opinion that taking a large number of hunters is counterproductive to the hunting experience. We only take as many hunters as we feel we can provide a high quality hunt and get to know on a personal basis.
There are no smoke-and-mirrors marketing tactics used at Harpole’s Heartland Lodge. Everything you see on our web site is 100% real and unstaged. All of our deer photos and trail cam photos are from our hunters and our properties. Be wary of whitetail outfitters in Illinois who don’t put the names of the hunters or dates and times on their trail cam photos. Most of their deer pictures are not from actual hunters and trail cam photos are from many years prior or on properties you will never be hunting.
This is normally last on the list because most hunters think they could sleep in the back of their truck as long as the hunting is good. That may be true, but a good night’s sleep and a good meal are just as important to your hunt as good stand placement. If you are fatigued, it may make the difference between harvesting a buck of a lifetime and missing the chance of a lifetime. Heartland’s accommodations and meals are in a class of their own. You will look forward to the comfortable beds after a long day’s hunt and you will awake fresh and ready to go each morning. Please view our virtual tours to get a better idea of our accommodations.
|2018 Archery Dates Available:|
|More on our Archery Hunts>> *SPECIAL hunt prices below are valid for a limited time.|
|October 1st–5th (Opening Week - 5 Days of Hunting)||$2,650|
|October 8th-10th (3 Days of Hunting)||$1,650|
|October 8th-11th, 12th am (4 1/2 Days of Hunting)||$2,580|
|October 15th–18th, 19th am (4 1/2 Days of Hunting) SOLD OUT!||$2,580|
|October 22nd–27th (6 Days of Hunting)||$4,380|
|October 22nd–26th (5 Days of Hunting) |
Cancellation Spots - Deposit Paid Already!
|Cancellation Price: $3,150
Save $500 Deposit Paid!
|October 29th-November 2nd (5 Days of Hunting) Guides' favorite week!||$4,250|
|November 4th–8th (5 Days of Hunting) - SOLD OUT!||$4,250|
|November 10th-14th (5 Days of Hunting) - SOLD OUT!||$4,250|
|November 23th-27th (5 Days of Hunting) BEST VALUE!||SPECIAL $1,950 Reg $2,150|
|Six night, five day Dec & Jan||SPECIAL $1,650 Reg $2,150|
|Four night, three day Dec & Jan||SPECIAL $1,250 Reg $1,650|
|Four night, three day Dec & Jan Doe Reduction||$950|
|Fall Turkey Hunt Option (More Info Here)||$250|
|2018 Firearm Dates Available:|
|More on our Firearm Hunts>> *SPECIAL hunt prices below are valid for a limited time.|
|Youth Season October 6th, 7th, 8th (Shotgun or Muzzleloader)|
(Doe only - 2 Days $750)
|2 Days $1,000
3 Days $1,500
|November 16th-18th (Shotgun or Muzzleloader) PEAK RUT!! Cancellation Spots Available!||$4,700|
|Nov 29th–Dec 2nd (Shotgun or Muzzleloader) |
Cancellation Spots - Deposits Paid!
|Cancellation Price: $2,950
|December 7th-9th (Muzzleloader Only)||SPECIAL $1,950
|Seven night, six day December Archery/Muzzleloader combo||$3,150|
|Late Season Doe Firearm Hunts - (Gun not available) Can also use crossbow or archery||$ 950|
All bookings are double occupancy in regular room at the Original Lodge, unless other arrangements are made. Private rooms can be arranged if available. All rooms have private baths. As part of the care and maintenance inside our lodge, we ask that you bring slippers or wear socks. Boots and shoes are removed in the mud room. The Original Lodge is for hunters only October – December 25th. Prairie Ridge Lodge is for hunters only the entire month of November.
- Non-hunting guests are welcome. The rate is $100 ($125 in the fall) for each night for a regular room. Call for pricing on other rooms.
- Private rooms are available upon request.
- $100 for a private regular room (Jan-September) each night at The Original Lodge.
- $125 for a private regular room (Oct-Dec) each night at The Original Lodge.
- $150 for the Angler room (Queen Bed) each night at The Original Lodge.
- $175 for the Whitetail suite (King Bed & Jacuzzi) each night at The Original Lodge
- $225 for the Luxury suite (King Bed, Jacuzzi, & Fireplace) each night at Prairie Ridge Lodge
Enjoy one of our Luxury Suites during your stay. For only $112.50 per hunter (per night – based on double occupancy) you can stay in one of these incredible rooms. Each spacious room has two king size beds, Jacuzzi, fireplace, gun holders, private decks and entrance. Prices are valid only when purchasing a hunt package above, otherwise our regular room rates apply.
Heartland has been guiding quality whitetail deer hunts for 20+ seasons. The majority of our hunters are repeat clients from previous years. Our goal is when you leave, that you tell us your hunt was everything you thought it was going to be and more. Most of our hunters reserve their spot for next year before they leave.
Long term deer management is critical to growing mature whitetail bucks. Most of our whitetail properties have been under our management for at least 10+ years, some for 20+ years.
Our guides do not hunt the properties you will be hunting. Believe it or not, many outfitters in Illinois allow their guides to hunt the same land as the hunters do. Many times you will find their guides in their trophy galleries! Avoid these outfitters at all costs!
Your stay with us is more than a deer hunt. It’s part of a strong hunting tradition that started back when Heartland’s owner, Gary Harpole, was a child. Each year new traditions are being created by our guests. It’s our hope that you create your own memories at Heartland with your family or friends and carry on a tradition that started many years ago.