We have added 2 Sportsman ACES to our rental options! These one-person UTVs are a blast! They feature 4-wheel drive, roll cage with roof, 3-point safety harness system, windshield, adjustable bucket seat & steering wheel and independent rear suspension. You definitely will want to rent one during your next visit! (Photo was not taken at Heartland. Courtesy of Polaris.)
The new OHV park is open! This now opens up 1,200 acres of riding! We are still working on some of the trails, signs, etc. but guests who have ridden the new park are giving us a lot of positive feedback.
ATV trail riding has become one of the most popular activities at Heartland Lodge & Resort. This part of Illinois is unique in the scenery and rolling hills it offers. Nestled between the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers, the terrain surrounding Heartland Lodge provides some of the best ATV riding trails in Illinois and Missouri.
ATV Riding with Your Own Four Wheeler, UTV or Dirt Bike
Our ATV park and lodges are quickly becoming a “vacation hot spot” for individuals, families and groups that are looking for a nice place to get away and have miles of trails to ride their four wheelers, UTVs and dirt bikes.
There is a special parking area for you to load and unload your four wheeler during your staying with us.
Save time checking-in and download our ATV Rules & Waiver Form.
If you don’t have an ATV, Heartland has one that you can rent. There is no better way to enjoy the beautiful countryside than an equally relaxing and exciting ride on an ATV. There are plenty of riding trails for the beginner. You can spend hours riding the main trail that goes through-out the riding park.
To rent an ATV, you must be 16 yrs. of age or older. Only one person per ATV is allowed. A Rental Agreement must also be signed by a guardian 18 yrs. of age or older. A $1,000 deposit is required by cash or credit card. The deposit is refunded if the ATV is returned in the same condition as it was before it went out. ATV rentals will be available for riding in the original ATV park only.
Please make sure to reserve an ATV in advance when making your reservations. Many times our rentals are sold out.
Want To Take a Ride Right Now?
Video shows a timber trail. (Click on YouTube, then full screen to get the full affect.)
Video shows the main road & a timber trail. (Click on YouTube, then full screen to get the full affect.)
ATV Riding Trails
On your ride, you will enjoy seeing an abundance of wildlife, including Whitetail deer, turkey, quail, pheasants, and much more. The new OHV park has some of the most incredible views you will find in the Midwest. Heartland has miles of ATV riding trails on 1,200 rolling acres. You will ride through forest, creeks, prairies, and be in awe of the incredible outdoors that surrounds you.
There are trails in the timber for those advanced riders that enjoy a challenge. We have special “Mud Holes” for those that like it a little dirty. We have plenty of trails that are for beginners and those who just want to take it easy. Almost all of our trails are wide enough for UTVs (Side by Sides).
ATV trail riding with friends and family has become a tradition at Heartland. You can even have one of our lodges or cabins exclusively for your group. Lodge buy-outs have become very popular over the years with ATV riding groups. Friends and family can ride the ATV trails together and share good times that will last a lifetime.
Day Passes for ATV Trails
- New ATV Park is open all year besides these dates: Nov. 13th-22nd & Dec. 3rd-6th
- Original ATV Park is open all year besides these dates: Oct. 21st – Dec 15th
- All riders must check in at our Prairie Ridge Lodge before riding.
- Save time checking-in and download our ATV Rules & Waiver Form.
- Maps are provided of the ATV trails when checking in.
- Bring extra gas and supplies.
- There is a local car wash in Nebo and Pleasant Hill to wash off your bikes.
- Other types of off road vehicles and bikes are welcome. (Please double check when making reservations.)
- Ice is available at the resort.
- Soda machine is available to all riders.
- Food vending machine is available to all riders.
- All users of facilities and properties do so at their own risk.
- All riders must sign a waiver and rules form.
- All ATVs must be equipped with functioning brakes and muffler, with noise level not to exceed eight-six (86) dba. ATVs must be equipped with spark arrestor.