Winery & Brewery Tour Weekend 2023!
Winery & Brewery Tour Weekend – Hannibal, MO
2023 Event Dates: August 11th-13th
August 1st, 2023 Event Update- “We sold out quickly for this event tour so we ordered a bigger bus!! We now have 4 spots available!! Take advantage of our Private Luxury Cabin Promotional Price (see below) and reserve your spots before it’s to late!!”
We have put together another fun weekend for everyone to enjoy! We are partnering with our good friends at Great River Brewing Company, Mark Twain Riverboat, Cave Hollow West Winery and Fiddlestiks Food and Spirits Company for a Winery and Brewery Tour Weekend! Enjoy wine and beer tasting, scenic cruise down the Mighty Mississippi River (the same one Tom Sawyer took a raft down!), historic downtown Hannibal, Missouri, wonderful meals, first-class accommodations, and a lot of fun with your friends or significant other. After a long week of meetings, laundry, ringing phones, and e-mail updates, don’t you think you deserve a weekend full of fun?
This will be our Third Annual Winery and Brewery Tour Weekend, and we anticipate it selling out quickly! Please call 217-734-2526 to make reservations. Reservations CANNOT be made online (dates are blocked out online.)
2023 Wine and Brewery Tour Itinerary
Friday, Aug. 11th (Arrival Day)
Check in – 3:00-5:00 P.M.
Settle in and explore the lodge. Like billiards? Poker? Chess? How about just relaxing outside with a good book or going for a walk through our expansive grounds? Use this time to relax and enjoy some down time.
Dinner – 6:00 P.M.
An AMAZING made from scratch gourmet dinner & dessert.
Free Time – 7:00 P.M.- ??
Free time to relax, enjoy your room and the resort.
Saturday, Aug. 12th (Winery & Brewery Tour Day)
Breakfast – 8:30 A.M.
The Best Breakfast in Illinois! There is nothing quite like waking up to the aromas wafting from the lodge’s kitchen. Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, fresh baked bread and much, much more will be served!
Board Tour Bus – 9:30 A.M.
Board Tour Bus for Trip to Hannibal, MO. Bus will be parked in front of the Original and Prairie Ridge Lodges. (Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the bus.)
Arrive in Hannibal, MO – 10:15 A.M.
Travel to historic downtown Hannibal, Missouri, where Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher will personally welcome you as you begin boarding the riverboat.
Riverboat Cruise – 11:00 A.M. – Noon
You’ll depart on the mighty Mississippi River on the Mark Twain River Boat. This will be a relaxing one-hour ride with historical and informative commentary, legends and sights from the cruise guides and captain.
Great River Brewing Company – 12:15 P.M.
Enjoy a beer flight (sampling of several beers) and finger foods.
Free Time Downtown Hannibal, MO – 1:15 – 2:45 P.M.
Some of the favorite fun things to enjoy in Hannibal are:
- Mark Twain’s Boyhood Home – Just a few steps from where you will depart the bus.
- Mississippi Marketplace – More than a general store! Located next to Great River Brewing Company.
- Chocolaterie Stam – A must stop for all chocolate lovers!
- Art Galleries – There are several galleries featuring local artists.
- AVA Goldworks – Certified Master Bench Jeweler with handmade custom jewelry.
- Java Jive – This coffee house is a perfect place to relax.
- Antique Shopping – Encore Emporium and others.
- Hickory Stick Quilt Shop – Better Homes and Gardens top ten quilt shop.
- Becky’s Old Fashion Ice Cream
- Plenty of pubs, shopping and sightseeing!
- View Full List of Attractions Here >>
Board Tour Bus – 2:45 P.M.
Board bus outside of Great River Brewing Company and travel to Cave Hollow West Winery. (Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the bus.)
Wine Tasting at Cave Hollow West Winery – 3:15 – 4:00 P.M.
Enjoy a private wine sampling at Cave Hollow West Winery!
Live Music by Seth Wade at Cave Hollow Winery – 4:00 – 5:00 P.M.
Seth Wade is a singer/songwriter from Hannibal, Missouri that plays some rock’n good music!
Board Tour Bus – 5:15 P.M.
Board bus outside of Cave Hollow West Winery. (Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the bus.)
Arrive at Fiddlestiks Food & Spirits Company – 6:00 P.M.
Enjoy a private buffet dinner prepared by the dedicated staff at Fiddlestiks.
Board Tour Bus – 7:30 P.M.
Load bus and travel back to Harpole’s Heartland Lodge. (Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the bus.)
Sunday, Aug. 13th (Departure Day)
Brunch 9:00 – 10:00 A.M.
The Best Brunch in Illinois! ACT II
Free Time – 10:00 – 11:00 A.M.
Enjoy a beautiful day in the great outdoors. Take a scenic hike to help you get back to nature or enjoy one of our fun activities. Explore our miles of scenic trails while horseback riding ($49 per hour) or renting a Polaris UTV, (click here for more details >>). You can also try your hand at sporting clays ($49 per round or $39 per half round.) Gun rental and shells are available. You can also shop and see the sights at our many area local attractions. All activities are weather permitting.
Check out time – 11:00 A.M.
Check out of your room but feel free to continue participating in any of the above-mentioned activities.
Wine and Brewery Tour Rates
The following prices are for the entire weekend per person (tax not included):
The Original Lodge*
- Regular Room – $304/person based on double occupancy – $335/single occupancy
- Angler Room – $373/person based on double occupancy
- Whitetail Suite – $404/person based on double occupancy
Prairie Ridge Lodge*
- Luxury Suite – $430/person (2 people) and $574/single occupancy
Sunset Valley Lodge*
- Pintail Room – $369/person based on double occupancy (Must book Bear Creek Too)
- Bear Creek – $324/person based on double occupancy (Must book Pintail Too)
- Blue Bird – $369/person based on double occupancy and $452/single occupancy
- Wilderness Room – $384/person based on double occupancy and $495/single occupancy
- Grand View Suite– $534/person (2 people)
- Sunset View Suite – $534/person (2 people)
- All About The View Suite $534/person (3-4 people)
Private Romantic Luxury Cabins*
- Private Luxury Cabins – PROMOTIONAL PRICE $450/person (2 people) per cabin, regular $594. These cabins are extremely cozy, romantic and nice!
Add a third night, including meals for 60% off these rates for the third night!
*Reservations cannot be made online. Please call 217-734-2526 for reservations. Deposit: Full payment is due at time of reservation. Cancellation Policy: Due to the demand for this event there are no refunds if you cancel.
*Harpole’s Heartland Lodge is not responsible of the service of other companies on this tour.
**Wine & Brewery Tour Weekend Giveaway- Winner will be announced Aug. 1, 2023 via email. Does not include meals/extra activities during the tour. Includes all lodge meals, and a regular room in the Original Lodge booked double occupancy. Gratuity not included. Cannot be transferred.
Please drink responsibly.
Last Updated: August 1st, 2023