Additional Things To Know – Whitetail Hunters
Things To Know
- You must purchase your deer permit and licenses in advance. You need the following:
- Deer Tags (Firearm Hunters, please send a copy of your deer tags to Mattb@HeartlandLodge.com if you have not done so already!)
- 5-Day Hunting License (You will need the full season hunting license if you are here for more than 5 days.)
- Habitat Stamp
- Create a reminder so you don’t forget to bring these items with you when packing. If you don’t bring them with you, you may not be able to hunt.
- Rooms – Unless you upgraded, your hunt includes two twin beds or bunk beds and a private bath. These rooms are smaller. Gear is normally stored outside the room. If room size is important, please make advance arrangements for a larger or private room.
- Bows and firearms are required to be in a case while traveling to and from the field. (Illinois Law)
- During firearm seasons, you must wear a solid orange hat and a solid orange vest. No camo orange.
- If/when hunting out of treestands, you must wear a safety harness. You will need the strap that goes around the tree as well.
- Tell us if something is wrong during your hunt. Do not hold it in. We want you to have the hunt you expected and can only help if you communicate with us.
- Calhoun County is as good or better than Pike County, Illinois (based on deer harvest per square mile.)
- Alcohol is not sold at the lodge but you can bring it with you.
- If you smoke, please do not smoke around clothes or hunting gear other guests may have outside.
- We ask everyone to take their shoes or boots off in the mud rooms to help keep the hardwood floors clean and from being scuffed.
- We serve meals at set times. To assure hot food and sitting with your group, you may want to arrive a couple minutes early.
- TRIP INSURANCE – Due to the nature of our business and taking a limited number of hunters, we cannot absorb the financial burden if you cancel after June 1st. This allows us to stay in business, keep our amazing staff and provide you with excellent service. Please purchase trip insurance to cover any possible financial loss.
- We cannot transfer hunts as we will lose that limited spot and be filling another limited spot.
- Please read over our FAQs>>
Last Updated: January 20th, 2022